Independent Non-Executive Director
Appointed: September 2022
Membership: PLC, ARC, NomCo, RemCo
Skills and Experience:
- Marketing and communications knowledge
- Extensive plc non-executive roles, including in the position of chair of remco
- Experience of transformation and managing change
Sue has over ten years’ experience as a PLC non-executive director, spanning a variety of sectors and scale of business and she has extensive remuneration committee experience, both as a member and as chair of the committee. She was previously a non-executive director of Dairy Crest Plc and Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc (where she also chaired remco).
She has considerable experience in marketing, branding and consumer issues from her positions at the BBC and Chime Group, along with automotive experience at General Motors Vauxhall.
Sue’s marketing and communications experience, involvement with transformation and managing change and a deep understanding of consumer habits gained over the course of career are important to the long term-sustainability of the Group and achieving our strategy.
- Non-executive director and chair of the remuneration committee of Helical PLC
- Non-executive director of Accsys Technologies PLC
- Senior independent director of British American Tobacco p.l.c.
- Non-executive director of Unlimited Group Ltd